April 4, 2007 at 9:06 pm | Posted in knitting, socks | 1 Comment

Sunday evening I had my Endpaper Mitts pattern all printed out and ready to go. I had my new yarn next to me and the Italian Tubular Cast On instructions pulled up on the laptop. I re-read the pattern to make sure I had the right needles in my hand when I had one of those “DOH!” moments. The pattern has you start with smaller DPN’s and then move to the larger size a little ways into the pattern. It was then that I realized that my lovely striped socks were attached to the size 2 needles I needed! So, instead of starting the Mitts, I started cranking away at the sock. I have about 3 inches left on the foot before I can start working the toes, so it shouldn’t be long before I have one sock completed and freed up needles. I’m heading to the LYS on Friday so I can also pick up another set while I’m there. One thing I did do was figure out the tubular cast-on. The tutorial is really easy to follow and the video at the bottom of the page helps a lot too.

Thank you Vicky and Katie for the suggestions on where to learn the mattress stitch for the sweater seams. I’m nearly finished with the sleeves so I will be studying both tutorials very soon.

1 Comment »

RSS feed for comments on this post. TrackBack URI

  1. No prob! Seaming is really tough (still have a sweater that was finished 5 mos ago to seam…) In the old days (before I knew better) I’d just whip stitch them together. Good luck!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

Create a free website or blog at
Entries and comments feeds.

%d bloggers like this: